How To Write A Turabian Term Paper Title Page: Tips & Tricks
Even though some people still say that we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, many of us still do. And lecturers are no exception. That’s why it’s so important to get the title page of your term paper just right. So, if you need to compose a Turabian title paper for your term paper, this article is just what you’re looking for!
What is the Turabian formatting style?
The Turabian formatting style is from a style manual written by Kate L. Turabian, which is obviously where it gets its name. It is a manual full of guidelines about how to format formal works, such as essays, dissertations and articles. It includes guidelines about how to compose the cover sheet, table of contents, in text citations, and the references page. The manual is actually based on the Chicago formatting style, which comes from The Chicago Manual of Style. The Chicago Manual of Style is also a manual that contains guidelines about how to format formal works.
What should you put on your title page?
There are a few things that your need to put on your Turabian title page, and they’re on the following list:
- The title of your term paper
- The subheading (if there is one)
- The name of the course (optional)
- Your lecturer’s name (optional)
- The date (optional)
- Your name (optional)
- Your student number (optional)
- Your university’s name (optional)
This style does leave some room for flexibility, so check exactly what information your lecturer wants you to include on your cover sheet.
How should you format your title page?
The Turabian style does have a few guidelines about the exact format of the information that you include on your cover sheet. Firstly, the title of your term paper should be centred on the page, in capital letters, and be placed about a third of the way down the sheet. Secondly, if you have a subheading, it should also be centred on the next line, in capital letters, after a colon. Both of them should be in double line spacing. Thirdly, if you include your lecturer’s name, the date, your name, your student number, and your university’s name, you should be sure to type them in a smaller font. Also, don’t type them all in capital letters; only use capital letters where appropriate.
Now you should be able to compose your cover sheet exactly as you’re supposed to.
- How to complete a great term paper
- Paper conclusion on stress management
- Turabian midterm paper cover page
- Outlining your MLA style term paper
- Use our research paper topics
- Getting research project proposals online
- Thinking of buying term paper online
- Free research paper samples
- Health topics for a research paper
- A research project discussing section
- Fighting common writing mistakes
- Coming up with college term paper topics
- Psychology topics for term papers
- Fighting problems while writing a paper
- Writing a term paper in 10 days
- WW2 research project writing hints
- Writing a compliant concluding section
- Midterm paper samples on Ethics
- A good conclusion for a research paper
- An analytical research paper sample
- Be sure to pick a good business topic
- Finding a research paper writing service
- Coming up with a term paper topic
- Making a proper paper format
- Selecting a trusted research paper help